Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Can I have a rewind, please?

Soon as Kindergarten began, it is now ending.  Where will our new journey take us, I'm not sure, but I am looking forward to what the future holds.  However,  as exciting as this journey may be it is truly an era of that will never be experienced again.  I can understand why most parents cry when their child begins Kindergarten and when they graduate.  I had to choke down some tears yesterday during the ceremony when the Kindergarten class started singing "One Small Voice"......that song gets me EVERY time.  It's just the innocence and tenderness of a child's voice singing.  

This morning while sitting here in the house, it's quiet and I can actually hear myself think.  I'm reflecting back on all of the memories of the boys from the time we found out we were pregnant with them and the hardship that came along with that; up until yesterdays festivities.  I will never again be able to experience the moments with the boys through out the past six years.  I only wish I could slow down time to really savor every moment all over again, because I certainly would.  

I can't believe I'm actually saying this, but I'd potty train twins all over again!!!  I can remember how proud they were when they would make it to the potty on time..... to putting on big boy underwear for the first time.  Nolan actually praised me for going to the restroom one time...."Good job, Mommy!"

How can you not get a little sentimental when your children hit big milestones in their lives? 

Here are a couple of pictures from the boys Kindergarten graduation:

Wyatt starting the whole program out
 
Receiving his certificate from Mrs. Glover
 
Nolan's turn
 
Nolan receiving his certificate from Mrs. Sweat
 
Earlier in the day the boys had an end of the year party in their classrooms, below are some pics from the party.
 
Nolan..."Mommy, I look handsome!"
 
Nolan's classroom
(Mrs. Ogle his teacher pictured to the left, she wasn't feeling well, and wasn't able to attend the Kindergarten graduation, but Nolan's other teacher did, Mrs. Sweat.  I'll get an individual picture of Nolan and Mrs. Ogle tomorrow)
 
Nolan's class
 
Wyatt at his class party
 
Wyatt with his autograph puppy
 
Wyatt and his teacher Mrs. Glover
 
Nolan,Mrs. Sandra and Mrs. Sweat
(Nolan was tired and hot)
 
Nolan and his teacher, Miss Ogle
 
 
I keep thinking of a quote I read...

"I hope the days come easy and the moments pass slow and each road leads you where you want to go."
 
 
May all of our future moments go EXTREMELY slow. 
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment