Monday, June 18, 2012

Yep, the number is a BIG 6

I cannot believe how their 5th birthday came and went.  Seriously, where did the time go?   And now they are SIX!!   This year the boys wanted a Star Wars birthday party like last year so again; we had to make it a small birthday party, we were planning to go out of town to Texas at the end of the month for my little brothers graduation.  We invited a couple of people for their very small party, fewer than normal.  I originally wanted to make a Darth Vader fondant cake, it was so cool, and I desperately wanted to try to make it.  Well, in the end, the fondant was terrible to deal with so at 9pm I was in a pickle, my original idea fell through and I didn't have a cake.  We decided to make an R2D2 cake the best that we could with the cake mix that had already been baked.  In the end the boys LOVED it.  As long as they were happy, that's all that mattered.  It wasn't perfect, but it put a huge smile on the boys faces.  After their party we took the boys and anyone else that wanted to go....bowling.    

But, first I made cupcakes for the boys to take to school.  The way their birthday falls, they'll never actually celebrate the day at school with their friends.  The boys loved the cupcakes and here's the end result. 

Cupcakes I made for the boys classes at school

The R2D2 cake that Blake and I made late at night

Waiting to blow out the candles



May all their wishes come true!

Opening presents

Just being a silly little boy


Now for some birthday bowling with Emilee, Mimi, and the Parks family.


First time bowling for their birthday, these little shoes couldn't be cuter!







We had a great time bowling.  This summer across America, different bowling facilities are offering free bowling to all kids.  Bowl 2 games a day for the entire summer free.  Check out your local bowling places.  I believe it's a campaign to get kids up and moving. 

Once we arrived in Dallas, 2 days later the boys actually turned 6.  I couldn't let the day pass by without celebrating it somehow, so I had planned to take them to Legoland in Dallas.  That could not have been a better choice.  Their cousin went with them, and we had so much fun.






Waiting to go inside

We rode through a tunnel and shot bad guys with lasers

They played in the discovery tower with a million other kids

Watched a 4-D movie about Clutch Powers complete with water, smoke, and smells.
The boys loved it.

Dallas skyline made with Lego's


More Dallas landmarks made with Lego's




Can't have their actual birthday without a piece of cake


Make that TWO cakes!

Happy 6th birthday, Nolan and Wyatt!

1 comment:

  1. WOW!! I, too, am astonished that they are six!! I told my sister in law (who had a baby Friday) that they were just turning 5! Of course, Zoe will be 13 so I should put two and two together but I still get 3 when I do that when it comes to our sweet twins! Looks like they were fully celebrated! Happy Birthday, Nolan and Wyatt!

    ReplyDelete