Friday, April 20, 2012

Little Squirts!

We are so glad that Summer is finally right around the corner!  It's our favorite season of the year, no matter the heat, we make the best of it.  The boys have been asking all Winter long:  Can we swim?  (When it's 22 degrees outside), Can we get the pool out and fill it up with water just in case it gets hot?  (When it's 22 degrees outside)  Can we eat A LOT of popsicles?  (When it's 22 degrees outside). Trust me, no one is happier than I am about feeling the warmth on my skin from that wonderful glowing ball in the sky! 

Today,  I decided when I picked the boys up from school, we were going to eat A LOT of popsicles outside when we arrived  home, and we DID!   It's not quite warm enough to fill the small little pool that we keep at home with water just yet.   (I bought a new one this year, it's soft with turtle graphics all over it.  It was originally $29, but when I had it price checked, it was $15.  What a great find.)  We have a neighborhood pool down the street, but sometimes it's nice to sit in our driveway, and enjoy the luxuries of home and NOT pack a million things going to the "big pool." 

So, after eating popsicles, we watered the garden together and I then decided to let them get wet, but not soaking wet.  So we came up with the idea of shooting balls off of their small slide set with their water guns.  That was a huge hit.  They had the best time, and of course it progressed to shooting each other.  As they were playing with their water guns shooting the balls and each other, I was sweeping the back porch and cleaning the patio.  Every year I dread this task due to my allergies, they are terrible this time of year.  The entire patio is normally covered in old grass, yellow pollen, spider webs, etc.  So I usually wear a mask, but didn't have one so, I used a bandanna.  I'm sure I was a sight to see wearing sunglasses and a bandanna!  Glad no one else was here, but the boys.  However, they noticed what I was wearing, and thought I was the coolest Mom ever!  Wyatt says, "Mommy, you make the BEST BAD GUY!"  Can I have a mask too?  Well, sure!  I went inside, brought out two more bandannas, and they were off to the unknown as bad guys.  I love a child's imagination, it's absolutely wonderful.  We spent a good amount of time outside today around 2 hours.  I really enjoyed myself, the boys had a blast, and I can't wait to see what tomorrow has to offer, I'm looking forward to it! 

Here are some pictures that I snapped:

Loading up the water guns

Targets lined up

First firing shot

First time to hit his target!









The bad guys with their guns


Hmmmm, what to do?  Anything with water, noise, or dirt is a sure hit.  Our options are endless.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment