Monday, January 2, 2012

Look who POPPED in!

So, I'm figuring this year and maybe the next two years we will have Santa still present in our lives.  After that, who knows when the boys will find out that this is pretend.  The minute they ask me if he's real I'll tell them the truth.  A little make believe won't hurt anyone.  It didn't hurt me in any way when I was growing up.  The boys know the real reason for Christmas is that it's to celebrate the birth of Jesus Christ.  I couldn't ask for better little boys....well, I'd like them to listen a little better at times, if  I'm going to be honest here.  But, aside from God's gift to the world, my boys are the best present I could have ever received.  When I tell them this, you should see their eyes light up, and the smile that is placed on their faces with that statement.  And speaking of excitement someone new came to our home this December, Christopher Pop in Kins the elf.  He arrived in December.  I tried to take pics of his antics, but managed to miss quite a few.  However, the boys loved him the entire time he was here.  They truly were sad to see him go back home.  They even asked if he was going to come back next year.  They knew during the time that he was here, not to touch him or he'd lose his magic and pop back to the north pole.  I did allow them to hug him the night before he was to leave.  They were so cute hugging him goodbye.  Here are the pictures that I managed to get while Christopher was here visiting with us.

The first morning that Christopher appeared, he said hello to the boys with their Lego's.

A close up of the Christopher the first morning he appeared.

The following photos are just random days of Christopher's visit:



Christopher sleeping on the toilet paper roll in the boys bathroom.  He made himself a little bed.


This was one of the boys favorites.  They just giggled over this one.

Christopher sleeping on the couch, with some of the boys 'lovies'. 



Attempting to eat one of the boys chocolates from their advent calendars.

Making a snow angel out of flour.

Reading one of the boys books

Playing Candy Land with some of his friends


Wyatt, sending a message to Santa Claus through Christopher

Christopher fishing one morning in the kitchen

It looks like he's been fishing all night.  He has plenty of goldfish in his basket next to him


Leading a parade of cars, Woody's hanging out with Christopher in his safari car

Christopher packing what he thought would be a good school lunch for the boys

We were in the process of painting the living room.  Christopher thought he'd paint a message on the wall for the boys.  The boys didn't want us to paint over his message.  They were a little upset when we finally did.


Christopher's last morning with us on Christmas Eve.  He decided to go out with a bang.  He took the boys stockings down and put a pair of their underwear in the stockings place instead.  This was a big hit with the boys.

Wyatt hugging Christopher before he left

Nolan saying goodbye and hugging him

I let Christopher sit with Wyatt to watch a little TV before putting him next to the cookies, so he can ride back to the North Pole with Santa. 

I know the boys were a little sad to see Christopher leave, they really enjoyed him and his surprises every morning.  I looked forward to seeing the anticipation on the boys faces when they would wake up in search of Christopher.  However, I'm a bit glad that he's gone, he wore me out at times.  But, it IS only one month a year, and this won't last forever, I'll be wishing for these moments one day.  So I'm going to push through being tired and press on for my boys to have memories to last a lifetime. 

See you next year Christopher!

No comments:

Post a Comment