Friday, June 17, 2011

A blog about nothing....

Today's blog, is really a blog about nothing in particular, although, I did get some really cute photos of the boys.  Taking pictures is one of my most favorite things, whether it's of the boys, things, places, it's just something I enjoy.  Almost like a sense of therapy.    It's not something I'd ever do professionally, first of all I don't know that much about photography, I just shoot and point.   If I happen to get a good photo, then great, I'm happy!

I woke up thinking what am I going to do with the boys today while Blake's gone to work.  

We woke up, ate breakfast, played around the house for a little bit, and we got ready for the day.    They were turning flips, sliding off of the side of the bed, and playing under the comforter. 














My DC friend called and wanted to know if we wanted to go eat with her and her little boys.  One is the boys age and the other is around 18 months.  Cute and sweet little boys.  They are always excited to see each other.  The played around for a little bit prior to eating, then we headed to Chick-fil-a across the street for lunch.   (It is so busy here around lunch time because of all of the businesses.  You rarely see people during the lunch hour that are not business people.  So we were definitely the minority.  We didn't care, we had a good time, and all of the boys were so well behaved.) 

I also noticed for the first time, there was a nice, clean van parked on the curb called "Doug the Food Dude", that served all kinds of hot dishes.  It was so neat.  I wish I had brought my camera, I'm going to next week.  Also, there was a cupcake van dressed in pink pin stripes parked close by, called "Sweet Treats", had a sliding window, with cupcakes displayed on a small ledge. 

Afterward we, went to Cold Stone Creamery for ice cream for the boys.  Again, Nolan had watermelon with gummi bears, and Wyatt had cotton candy with rainbow sprinkles.

After eating our ice cream, we headed back to the apartment, got my camera, and the boys water guns and headed to the children's water park.  We hung out there for a while, and then came back home. 

Pics taken from the roof top of our building


Boys hanging out on the roof top while I'm snapping pics
Children's water park
(really just a giant water fall/fountain, with a grassy and concrete area to run around in)




Just a small portion of the park

Oh I forgot to mention, Blake and the boys went to Trader Joe's last night, and bought me some Green Tea w/ mint.  I actually made sweet tea, and it turned out so good.  I'm so very proud of myself!  It organic, caffeine free, and made with splenda!  Life doesn't get any better than this.  My new favorite thing.  I was hooked the first time I tried it this past Wednesday at the Cheesecake Factory, and was determined to try to make it on my own.

Here's the end result!

We are looking forward to Father's Day this weekend, we have nothing planned, but just being together is what's most special to us!  Have a great weekend!

1 comment:

  1. Adorable post and darn cute photos! I'm smiling looking at them. However, I am starting to think that this new green mint tea stuff you are drinking might have some type of mind-altering ingredients. Are you serious... "all of the boys were so well behaved"???? The funny thing is that Andy is usually the easy one... ;-)

    ReplyDelete