Friday, April 15, 2011

Saving the Princess

There's nothing like hearing a sweet little boy calling their Mommy a "Princess".   Here lately everything has been pertaining to the princess, picking flowers, bringing pillows to lay her head down on the couch, water to drink, etc.  Nolan and Wyatt have been watching a lot of the Three Musketeers by Disney. 


Nolan, "Here princess, here's a flower for you."

They will pretend to fight each other, one's the bad guy and the other is the good guy.  Usually Wyatt is "ICE-CEE" (in which he came up with his good guy name all by himself, he's so creative).  And Nolan is "BAD GUY" (in which he came up with his "bad guy" name all by himself too...he's SO creative!)  Not too long ago, I was summoned to come into the living room and sit in the rocking chair.  Wyatt asked, "Do you want to play 'princess' with us?"  I said, "Sure, what do I have to do?"  Wyatt, replied, "Nothing, just sit right there."  Soooo, I sat right there, and they proceeded to fight each other with their foam swords, running from one piece of furniture to the other, fighting until the death.   The goal I finally figured out was..."Ice-Cee" was trying to bypass "Bad Guy" across the living room furniture to get to me..."The Princess", and "Bad Guy" was to stop "Ice-Cee" at all cost.  Several times Ice-Cee was knocked off of the cliff (couch) into the moat (carpet) full of alligators (stuffed animals), it was not a pretty sight, especially when the alligators (stuffed animals that Nolan started throwing onto Wyatt) started attacking him.  I immediately thought I was going to be abandoned in my tower forever, living a life of loneliness.  Until, miraculously Ice-Cee appeared from the depths of the murky water and jumped onto the cliff again.  Bad Guy, fought him pretty hard and eventually allowed him to get away (Nolan quit to go play a game on the computer), finally.....VICTORY!  Ice-Cee approached me and said, "Princess, I saved you!", and I got the best hug ever.

"Bad Guy" (Nolan)


"Ice-Cee" (Wyatt)


And the fighting begins


And more fighting....


Shortly before Ice-Cee falls off of the cliff

(A BONUS picture, has nothing to do with Princess blog)

After the sword fighting, Wyatt continued to over-power any bad guys, including his action figures.  I heard him talking for a good while, I finally found him and he was talking to his action figures.  He had restrained his action figures so they could do no harm to others.  This is what I found.  Enjoy.

Restrained with self sticking address labels

1 comment:

  1. You are so blessed to have two "Prince Charmings" at your house! I would be happy with one. I can hardly wait to see what God has in store for them as they grow into young men. You need to watch out because you will bend down to tie your shoe and they will be going off to college like my boy!

    ReplyDelete