Tuesday, April 5, 2011

The Man

We must talk about the "Man" for at least one blog.  He may think one blog is ONE too many.  But, I feel the need to mention him here so he won't feel left out.  Just kidding, I want to tell you how he is a crucial part of my life.  He's not the perfect man, but he's special to me.  I know sometimes with the daily stresses of our lives,  I know I don't always tell him thank you, or appreciate him the way that I should.  I can say I truly believe that he was meant for me to meet and marry.  I cannot believe that I am really blessed with someone as patient as he is, when it comes to dealings with me.  There were plenty of times through out the 15 years that we've been together, that I would have lost my cool with myself  - "if I were him".  (Does that last statement even make sense?)  I've made wrong decisions at times, acted like Lucy off of  "I love Lucy", and I'm definitely impatient at times when he tries to explain things to me that I don't understand.  Through it all I couldn't imagine myself without him by my side.  He's an intelligent man, a provider and a good one at that, a hands on father to his sons, he loves me with all of his heart - he makes it known verbally and by the little things he does for me.  But most of all, he is a follower of Christ, and leads his family accordingly.   He'll tell you that everyday he tries to make good decisions, and to do the right thing when it comes to people. Maybe I should sit back, listen and learn a couple of things from his example. 

I've compiled a small list of irritations below to even out the mushy words mentioned above.

Things that he does that irritate me:

#1 - leaving glasses of water everywhere
#2 - he's not the best driver, he makes me carsick sometimes
#3 - he crunches almonds and celery way too loud

Things that he does that makes me smile:

#1 - lets me drink all of his water if I want. (It tastes better when he makes it.)
#2 - reaching over to hold my hand while he's driving
#3 - when he's eating celery and says "Hey, I think I have something stuck in my teeth."  And he has the longest celery string hanging from his teeth down to his chin.


Leaving for a missionary trip to India

On vacation one year in Gatlinburg, TN

Blake and the boys after playing a game of hockey

Sleep deprived Blake and the boys when they were 1 month old

Destin, FL  - Oct. 2010 

I must say, I really love "The Man."

4 comments:

  1. Awwwww! So sweet! I love the picture of them passed out in Gatlinburg! You sure made a short list of irritations! Great Post!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks it's one of my favorite pics too. I couldn't rat him out too bad!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very sweet! I have to say the lists are my favorite!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your mushy, but Blake is a good guy. I love him too....and you!

    ReplyDelete